House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)

Go down 
+13
peachy6831
Mel Dawn
Nivea
graciella
Crystal Rose
Carlybabes
nick
WillSuckUrBlood
Mari-chan
Bella-Rose
milly
Dandelion
AmrodAegnor
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AmrodAegnor
Meeting new friends at Lunch

Male Pisces Dragon

Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) Empty
PostSubject: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 9:55 am

Nope, not writing anything here yet. I'm gonna wait a little while longer until a few more people have the book and had the chance to finish it. I just wanted to create the thread already for two reasons:

1. so that if you can't hold it in anymore and just have to write about it, you have someplace to do so.
2. To urge people here and in the title to not spoil stuff for others. At least not outside this thread.

So yeah, I'm gonna make a the first comments about it in a few days or a week, I guess. ^^
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet
Name: Dandelion

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Ok i said i'll do it tomorrow but i looked on the wrong clock so i have more time right now that i expected^^
Ok guys, here's my review from Awakened... It would be so full with spoilers, you really should think twice if you wanna read it without reading Awakened already, cause it would destroy much for ya... Just sayin!

Spoiler:

I hate that i have to wait until november when Destined comes out. Dang. Sad

So everyone who read it already, let's start to talk about it!
Back to top Go down
AmrodAegnor

Male Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:30 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Milly
Affinities : None that she was aware of.

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:25 pm

the book is not out uintil the 4th of january though.... isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:19 pm

I really read it, i swear! Our german Amazon already sell the uk-version. I dunno where Amrod is from but i finished the book just yesterday... Don't ask me why Amazon is able to sell it, but it's the truth! And some others here in the forum have it already, too...
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:36 pm

well the US i s lame then bc they wont release until the day of Tears
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:53 pm

I guess Amazon just get the books and because we're not in lands where it's controlled like in the lands for which the books are supposed to come out (for eg the German translation may be in some years or so) they just sell it? Dunno?
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:14 am

lol you just lost me a little
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 6:28 am

I did? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:55 pm

lol you did
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Discovering you have an affinity for Spirit
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:29 am

AmrodAegnor wrote:
Spoiler:

What we have here ladies and gentlemen is a classic case of The Worf Effect. Before Stevie Rae Imprinted with Rephaim, she was stronger than the average Vampyre and an extremely powerful connection to her element. Stevie Rae's elemental connect to the Earth is stronger than that of Zoey's. In Chosen it was proven that Stevie Rae was a lot stronger than Zoey. Then in Tempted, Rephaim's character is more throughly introduced. He's impressed and surprised by Stevie Rae's strength and this is coming from a guy whose FATHER is a powerful IMMORTAL being, so i think that says something. Then Stevie Rae Imprinted with Rephaim and got all the added bonus of being able to heal super fast as well.

What i think what happened is The Casts realised that as Stevie Rae is really strong and Rephaim is really strong, the two of them could just have just defeated Neferet themselves. It would even had made a lot of sense, seeing as Kalona is now under Neferet's control and it's Stevie Rae's duty to make sure that Neferet wasn't around to continue to raise Fledglings from the dead and use them her war against the humans. The Big Bad would have been defeated and WITHOUT ZOEY. They realised that this had effectively made Zoey redundant. So they made Stevie Rae weak to Darkness, that it wasn't possible for Stevie Rae to defeat Neferet without Zoey, despite the fact that when Stevie Rae accidentally summoned the White Bull she told Rephaim to save himself to run away, and when Stevie Rae was free and could have abandoned Rephaim to Darkness, she not only stayed with him but summoned the Black Bull as well to bannish him. Does that sound like a person who would be easily influenced by Darkness? No it doesn't. Stevie Rae said that the Black bull shot her in the arm with a source of energy. The Casts could easily had made it that Stevie Rae was immune to the effects of Darkness because she was bound to Rephaim, that their love for each other was something Neferet could never touch or take away no matter what. Love is also what repells Darkness so it would still have followed the House of Night Universe Rules.

It would also have made good character development. It would also have been a public display for all to see that Rephaim was indeed on the side of Light. I mean, the plot was even shaping up to look like Stevie Rae was going to have to be the one that defeated Neferet. Neferet is obviously Stevie Rae's foil, just like Kalona is Zoey's foil. Stevie Rae wouldn't have been able to kill Kalona because of her emotional tie to Rephaim and Zoey wouldn't be able to kill Neferet because she kept seeing Neferet as the mother she always wanted. It would have also explained why Zoey was so easily able to over look Stevie Rae going to a Raven Mocker for help instead of her For Example: "I needed his help Zoey, you wanna know why? Because YOU weren't there and i couldn't do it by myself"

The Casts could have written Awakened like i have suggested. But they didn't. Why? Becuase it's more protifitable if they stretch out the epic battle of Neferet VS Zoey. It's a simply case of bad writing
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm

i mean they made this HUGE deal with Stevie Rae saying that she "never wants to be touched by Darkness ever again" they wrote themselves a plot hole
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:17 am

lol wow
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:09 am

Sorry, i have a problem when Authors trade profit for quality writing. James Patterson did the exact same thing with his Alex Cross series. Despite the fact that even if Neferet was dead, they still deal have to deal with Kalona. The series wouldn't have to end. They could still write novels in the House of Night series. They could expand on the Red fledglings woefully undeveloped characters.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:33 pm

@Bella: that with the profit is exactly what i thought. I mean, look at Hunted, that had over 400 pages, but Awakened doesn't even reach 300 pages! I'm really sad about it and i cannot see it getting better with Destined...

I'm impressed 'bout your summon about SR, but ya really right. I was wondering, too why SR cannot handle some sh*t alone, cause she seems to be such strong?
By the way, did ya read spoilers?^^ cause the next thing i will put into spoilers:
Spoiler:
And yes ya right bella, as i said too there would have been so much chances to write some things longer or so, but they didn't! i begin to wonder if they have not enough ideas (which didn't seem like that cause they brought up much) or if they just say like "the people will read the book even if it's short as hell, we got loyal fans now, so let's write this beneath the thousand other books PC brings out"... Heck, it's so annoying Sad

Different theme:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Dandelion wrote:
@Bella: that with the profit is exactly what i thought. I mean, look at Hunted, that had over 400 pages, but Awakened doesn't even reach 300 pages! I'm really sad about it and i cannot see it getting better with Destined... I'm impressed 'bout your summon about SR, but ya really right. I was wondering, too why SR cannot handle some sh*t alone, cause she seems to be such strong?
By the way, did ya read spoilers?^^ cause the next thing i will put into spoilers:
Spoiler:
And yes ya right bella, as i said too there would have been so much chances to write some things longer or so, but they didn't! i begin to wonder if they have not enough ideas (which didn't seem like that cause they brought up much) or if they just say like "the people will read the book even if it's short as hell, we got loyal fans now, so let's write this beneath the thousand other books PC brings out"... Heck, it's so annoying Sad

Spoiler:

Dandelion wrote:
Different theme:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Upon further reflection, i think i understand now why Stevie Rae and Rephaim couldn't have defeated Darkness/Neferet by themselves and needed Zoey and the gang around them.

Spoiler:

Sorry i hope that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Mari-chan
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Mari-chan

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Breeann
Affinities : Poetry & Future Sight ((refers to my story))

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Spoiler:

aaaaaaand:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
WillSuckUrBlood
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
WillSuckUrBlood

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:29 am

Dandelion wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Mari-chan wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:58 pm

i cant wait to read it Smile Embarassed cute cute cute
Back to top Go down
nick
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
nick

Female Posts : 12

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Mari-chan wrote:

Spoiler:

me too

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Carlybabes
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
Carlybabes

Female Aries Rat

Character sheet
Name: Carly
Affinities : Water,Earth,Animals

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:57 pm

[b]I have to say the books get better each one .....
Spoiler Alert!; I can't believe Neferet killed Zoeys mother.
Or that Stark and Zoey took their realationship to another world!!!!

When Heath died and Zoey was in the otherworld when she got her tatoos back it was because of love ....
The dissappeared because she lost her consort but came back when Stark drank from her and she felt loved and as the goddess said; Always take love.....
Back to top Go down
Mari-chan
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Mari-chan

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Breeann
Affinities : Poetry & Future Sight ((refers to my story))

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 9:03 pm

I agree~
Spoiler:

and for future reference, pul spoilers in this format:

Code:
[spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:13 am

WillSuckUrBlood wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

WillSuckUrBlood wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) Empty

Back to top Go down

Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next