House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall

Go down 
+4
~Crystal_Night_goddess~
Honeygrace
WazzuMan
ZoeRedbird
8 posters
AuthorMessage
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet
Name: Karena Drako
Affinities : Writting and Death

Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall Empty
PostSubject: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptySun May 27, 2012 2:58 pm

According to Wikipedia Kristen and PC Cast will work on a 4th novella about Kalona. It will be released sometime between book 11 and 12 (12 being the final book.)

Last edited by VampyreFreak on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://houseofnight.forumotion.net/forum.htm
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod
ZoeRedbird

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet
Name: Dock
Affinities : Telepathy

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:41 am

oooooooh so exciting! I can't wait Clap
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:59 am

Finally! One of the biggest issues I have with Kalona is that he never mentions how he pissed Nyx off. Whenever it comes up he just goes on about love and such but that isn't an answer. He had to have done something but he won't even admit that he has, just goes on about love some more. It irritates me beyond hell. It's why I refuse to put any faith in him.

The timing on this novella is obviously very telling in itself, as those events of how Kalona went from guardian to villain might also lead to him reforming if he came to terms with whatever happened in his past. Or it might hold the key to how Zoey makes him go poof like in Aphrodite's vision which still sounds very attractive to me.
Back to top Go down
Honeygrace
Going to the House of Night
Going to the House of Night

Female Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:24 pm

I wanna know about Kalona to. I wanna know what he was before he even became a villain. It may also go into more detail on his time with the Cherokee ppl.
Back to top Go down
~Crystal_Night_goddess~
Trying to break up a fight
~Crystal_Night_goddess~

Female Virgo Horse

Character sheet
Name: Crystal Phoenix
Affinities : Ice and Future Visions

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 pm

I think that will be amazing to learn about Kalona a little more and such im looking forwsrd to it.
Back to top Go down
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall Kalona10

Well, apparently it will be a novel. I'm definitely looking forwards to learning more about Kalona. I already find him very interesting but would like to understand him better than I currently do.
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:54 pm

That's even more amazing. I can't wait to read it.
Back to top Go down
~Crystal_Night_goddess~
~Crystal_Night_goddess~

Female Virgo Horse

Character sheet
Name: Crystal Phoenix
Affinities : Ice and Future Visions

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:30 am

I agree I think it will be amazing to read what happened with him and why he is the way he is trully and getting deep into his mind. I think this will be one of the best novellas.
Back to top Go down
Rachella1997
Going about a regular day
Rachella1997

Female Pisces Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Rashii
Affinities : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:24 pm

I wonder what he did to make Nyx hate him so much
Back to top Go down
Rachella1997
Rachella1997

Female Pisces Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Rachella1997
Rachella1997

Female Pisces Buffalo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Oh yeah, definitely gonna get that one if it ever reaches to Finland (though after Hidden was published here around same time as everywhere else, I have my hopes up^^).

WazzuMan said pretty much everything I wanted to say, so I won't be repeating it. Just waiting for this book so badly!
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod
ZoeRedbird

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet
Name: Dock
Affinities : Telepathy

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:23 am

Wow, i can't wait 'till it's released. Having an insight to Kalona's side of the story may change my view of him. But until then...
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Found it from my local bookshop today and obviously bought it. Haven't read it yet but I checked the illustrations and they're really beautiful as always. Gonna start reading tonight^^
Back to top Go down
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:36 am

I have to wait till the 20th to even think about getting it. But once I do I will likely finish it within hours of me starting the book.
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:05 am

Finished it. Wow, I gotta say it gave a really good insight to why Kalona ended up like his in HoN books. Towards the end I was repeating a mantra of "Kalona no don't!" and I also gotta admit that I feel really sorry for him. Also hats off to the Cast duo for creating such a complicated character^^ the novella brought a whole new side to Kalona and I'm very happy for it.

And as said, illustrations are beautiful.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:18 am

I've read it and found it as insightful as the previous novella. I find it a little strange coming from the perspectives of immortals who view and interact with the world differently. I can't say I like or sympathise with Kalona or even have the tiniest bit of respect for him however my view of him is less harsh now I finally understand the circumstances of his "fall".

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Not gonna lie, I'm about 100 pages in and I've forced myself to read it. I used to enjoy the HoN books but lately they just seem so simplistic it makes them hard to read. it's been alright so far it's just... i don't know..
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:25 am

I get you 100%. Similarly, these books lost a great deal of appeal to me very early on and slowly reclining. I think my biggest gripes is the heavy supernatural/fantasy elements in a modern setting. The new take on vampyre mythology was appealing at first, I could almost tolerate Nyx and the religion surrounding her. Then they threw in fallen angels, evil black "tendrils", characters returning from the dead left and right, and if I didn't grow attached to certain characters coupled with the fact that I hate leaving stories half-finished, I might have walked when the introduced the bull... stuff.

Also there's only so much I can keep defending a protagonist who has yet to really accomplish anything or stay interested in a villain who has yet to really accomplish anything.
Back to top Go down
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:56 pm

It's more the writing than the story that makes it hard to read. It seems so simple now since I've read so many books since the last HoN book came out. It's just gotten boring and at this point I'm just reading cause I can't not finish a series.

I don't think this book was good or even really showed a good reason why he did what he did. It seems like the authors had this idea of a dark and evil like character but once they got into it the story was just not as good as what they hinted at. I thought Kalona had killed something precious to Nyx or something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall   Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall Empty

Back to top Go down

Novel about Kalona: Kalona's Fall
Page 1 of 1