House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what the hell was wrong with dallas???

Go down 
+22
PresY_F_96
AmrodAegnor
EmoAngel
Dandelion
Leah Redbird
goodgirl991
Caristiona
chosen
Emo Kitty
Lilith of Night
Neyra
twizzlers
Red_Harumi
~(~AlExAnDrA~(~
Marked_by_Nyx
Sarah1
katelinelaine
Bella-Rose
Honeygrace
Selket
earth-spirit
idiiee<3stark
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet
Name: Dandelion

what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Plus, i always thought that Kalona did those bad things because he's filled with anger, 'cause Nyx broked his heart. If one see it like that, the Raven Mockers have no reason to act like Kalona.
Back to top Go down
Lilith of Night
Discovering that the High Priestess is evil
Lilith of Night

Female Scorpio Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Zara
Affinities : Water

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:32 am

I agree with that also. Kalona had the motive, the mockers didn't. They just do what they're told. Kalona seems to be filled with lust because of Nyx also and not just anger. Since he can't be with Nyx he feels like he has the right to get temporary satisfaction anywhere possible because at that moment it may dull the pain he feels for getting kicked out by Nyx.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:53 am

may be the reason, i agree with ya there
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Discovering you have an affinity for Spirit
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 4:38 am

Also Rephaim seemed to think it was a big deal that Stevie Rae touched him without being freaked out. Rephaim also pulled away from her or flinched whenever she touched him. Then there's the behaviour the fledglings and Vampyres had to the Raven Mockers. They all pretty much ignored them. All attention was diverted to Kalona, Kalona at all times was the centre of attention. I don't think Kalona would want to compete with his sons for anything, let alone the thing that distracts him the most from losing Nyx.

Anyone else think that the way Kalona dresses (as in showing his wares to everyone) and his ability to change his form make him really insecure? Maybe he actually feeds off of emotions and attention so that could explain it. Or he's just a prostitute to his emotions.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 am

@bella: but to be honest that he made a big deal about the touching and that the attention is focused on Kalona doesn't mean that the Raven Mockers couldn't be rapists. but there are too less hints. maybe that Rephaim thought that he didn't touched humans except for violence, but i guess it meant that he killed the humans he... touched^^
i guess he would have thought about things like that when he noticed that he feel protective and all for her...
Back to top Go down
Lilith of Night
Lilith of Night

Female Scorpio Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:36 am

You know, I never really thought about why he looks different to anyone else. But that does make sense. That he appears as what makes them more comfortable. Z sees him as some hot guy and her friends as some older guy. Neither appearance would seem frightening or cause for fear or alarm. I do think that if Rephaim took part in raping he wouldn't flinch at SR's touch. In fact I'd think he'd be trying to touch her and be more forceful with her.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:25 pm

may be. ya right he always handle her very careful.
and as is said, i just think that things were Kalona's job...
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:50 pm

I could be wrong, but it's just the fact that Rephaim seemed to not think of Stevie Rae in a sexual way at all and if he had raped before he would definately have some form of sexual thought. I mean when he woke up after being attacked by the White Bull and saw Stevie Rae there, looking all youthful and vulnrable, his only thoughts were to make sure she was protected and safe, not to take advantage of her. It just seems like to me that even though Rephaim's a creature made from Darkness, he's not particularly "dark" himself. When Rephaim felt Stevie Rae with Dallas, he was confused, he didn't even realise what desire was when he first felt it.

I also think Kalona would make sure Rephaim wouldn't go round raping women for two reasons. Kalona, despite saying otherwise, does not like compeition. I mean he was threatening to dismember Erik in Hunted and what for? Because he had been/was dating Zoey. Then there's Heath's untimely end, which i don't think anyone can say wasn't slightly motivated by jealously. Kalona was just pretty much looking for any excuse to remove anything that stood in his way. Rephaim seems like the observant type and would have figured this out early on.

The reason like i said before is because i think Kalona is really insecure. Constrast Kalona in Hunted to Kalona in Tempted and Burned. Perhaps it could just be me but Kalona seems rather different, he's not as confident. The difference is that in Tempted and Burned, Rephaim isn't by his side. Kalona's also a known bully, and bullies don't pick a fight unless they've got back-up beside them. Kalona also likes to perform, and what better audience could you have then a loyal and obident son who will never leave you?

Maybe that's just me... I could be completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lilith of Night
Lilith of Night

Female Scorpio Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:15 pm

I agree Bella-Rose. I think that if he had raped before he'd think like that about SR. I think Kalona feels like he can do whatever he wants when he wants and all the mockers are just there to carry out his orders. I don't think he'd ever allow them to do anything that doesn't benefit him in some way. Don't forget when they pretty much took over the school. The mockers could have had their way with any one of the pod people. Instead they all thought Kalona was the best thing since sliced bread. All the mockers did was sit on top of the walls and watch everyone, Kalona was the one that was allowed to mingle with everyone. All the girls wanted Kalona and got jealous that he paid special attention to Z.

I see that too, I think it's mostly because he knows what he's created with Neferet. Before it was all about him and no one could stop him. He knew Nyx wouldn't interfer with him trying to get out and tear apart the human world. But now that Neferet is becoming immortal too he has to watch his back. He can't make any mistakes or she'll rule over him.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:08 pm

@ bella: i never thought about it, but it's true. the only hint that he find her kinda attractive was when he said that he think that she's beautiful... i think that Kalona is less self-confindent, because Neferet controls him more and more. first he seemed to be the star of the show, Neferet was the biiiig eyed beautiful woman who lies in front of his feet, but she did that because she wants a part of his soul... and now she gets stronger and is able to make Kalona doing what she want. and he may be insecure cause Z didn't want him and i believe he thought no girl could reject a hot guy like him Wink i don't think that his behavior is because rephaim isn't by his side.
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:56 am

@Dandelion = Well why can't it be both? I'm all for lack of confidence because Zoey was all like "Ew." but not having Rephaim by his side is also going to have an effect. Kalona seems like the type that would want to be the centre of his lastest squeeze's attention, but he would also want Rephaim's attention, least he run off and be happy without him.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:39 am

ok maybe, i mean it's a fact that he changed but we don't know the reason. so it's all possible. i just think the greatest reason is that he's under pressure from neferet and he couldn't stand up against her any more cause she's too powerfull.
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:51 am

Don't get me wrong, that's definately an influence. But i can't help but think the books would have taken a completely different direction had Rephaim been there by Kalona's side in Venice instead of being injured in Tulsa
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:48 pm

the whole story which will happen in the next books will be a complete different story, but i never thought that Rephaim played such a great role in Kalonas life ever. why do ya think so?
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:00 am

Because the majority of Rephaim's thoughts are about Kalona. Rephaim is also the eldest of Kalona's sons, he was the first to survive, i would've thought that would generate a special bond
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:46 am

yes but how would your majority thoughts be if you knew no one else as your father for centuries? it's also a question about habit and the life he had before he met SR. This was a pretty long time! i think it's just that Reph always was a loyal follower and didn't knew sth else. in burned his thoughts started to be more filled with thoughts about SR and by-and-by he thought more about her than about his father
Back to top Go down
Lilith of Night
Lilith of Night

Female Scorpio Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:22 pm

i think that's partly because he no longer has tunnel vision. He realizes there's more than just following Kalona.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:31 pm

that's closely linked to my thought of breaking out of habit. i really don't guess it's about a really strong bond between kalona and Reph
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:49 pm

It might be a one sided bond. But i think you're both right, Rephaim's probably never known anyone but his father.
Back to top Go down
Lilith of Night
Lilith of Night

Female Scorpio Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 am

I think maybe the bond is more for survival than anything else. Kalona needed someone he could trust to help him and Rephaim was the perfect son. He never questioned.
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:54 am

it'll be interesting to see if that kind of thing continues or if Rephaim starts questioning Kalona's methods
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:09 pm

he questiones the things neferet does. i believe he sees the fault by neferet and not by his father!
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 am

Well i dunno about that. He was able to point out his father's flaws as well as Neferet's . He just considered Neferet to be more dangerous. A case of "Better the devil you know" i think.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah he's able to see his fathers faults, but i get it like he thinks that Neferet is the reason for Kalonas faults! So to say he's still loyal to his father but sees Neferet as a really dangerous one who has a bad influence on his father!
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Lol, like "My father's not that bad, he simply just has terrible taste in women," like Neferet's making him behave the way he is yeah?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

what the hell was wrong with dallas???
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next