House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what the hell was wrong with dallas???

Go down 
+22
PresY_F_96
AmrodAegnor
EmoAngel
Dandelion
Leah Redbird
goodgirl991
Caristiona
chosen
Emo Kitty
Lilith of Night
Neyra
twizzlers
Red_Harumi
~(~AlExAnDrA~(~
Marked_by_Nyx
Sarah1
katelinelaine
Bella-Rose
Honeygrace
Selket
earth-spirit
idiiee<3stark
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet
Name: Dandelion

what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:12 pm

it wasn't just that i was sad for him. i just thought that's a horrible imagination to know no love
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Discovering you have an affinity for Spirit
Discovering you have an affinity for Spirit
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 7:48 am

AmrodAegnor wrote:
I wasn't really that sad for him, but it really touched me reading it. "Since Stevie Rae had touched his life, he'd begun to think of love." That sentence is so sweet. ^^

I love that line, it's one of my favourites in Burned. It wasn't that I felt sorry for him, i did feel a little sad, but i was mostly "Wow, I'm guessing you don't speak your mind very often." I'm kinda guessing that Stevie Rae is the only one whose ever really bothered to listen to Rephaim or to value his opinions or experiences.

Back to Topic!

I kinda wonder about Dallas's folks. He said that they were Catholic and that amusing story about where he was concieved but we don't actually know that much about him.
Back to top Go down
Lilith of Night
Discovering that the High Priestess is evil
Discovering that the High Priestess is evil
Lilith of Night

Female Scorpio Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Zara
Affinities : Water

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm guessing now that he turned all crazy and full of rage that we're going to hear more about him in the next book. So maybe we'll find out.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet
Name: Dandelion

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:49 pm

I really think that he will kill someone. I dunno but I really think that.
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
Accidentally blowing your friends over with Air
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet
Name: Sita
Affinities : water, fire

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:14 pm

i think he was sort of a jerk, i mean, if he really loved stevie rae he would have let her tell him the truth, then he can be judgemental and all.
I hope rephaim turns human so stevie rae and him can be together
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:17 am

Who said anything about love? They were interested in eachother but whose to say it would have lasted anymore than a few weeks. These days, sex is talked about so casual, it makes me wonder if it still means anything truly special. Don't mind me though, still a virgin.

Anyway, I was already beginning to doubt Dallas' mental health. Call me crazy, but I got the feeling the only reason he gave up "eating" people was to stay close to Stevie Rae.
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:09 pm

well, if he doesn't love her than why would he have *** with her??????
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:06 am

^ Not sure it's right for me to tell a thirteen year old like this but you're reading YA fiction so...

When it comes to sex, many people are more interested in the physical aspects. Some might have other less honest reasons, but I'm pretty sure Dallas was in for pleasure... plus there is a social "benefit". Say what you will, but some people take social status very serious. Look up the movie "Easy A", you'll see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 pm

I had a feeling you were going to say something like that.
okay, i know the movie 'easy a' and beleive me when I say, I am very educated in that social matter.
Back to top Go down
*Aphrodite*
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
*Aphrodite*

Female Capricorn Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:41 pm

I think there is something wrong! I loved Dallas...he was friendly,good...and he was on the Right Side.... Why did he passe in the Dark Side? I couldn't believe it..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:05 pm

*Aphrodite* wrote:
I think there is something wrong! I loved Dallas...he was friendly,good...and he was on the Right Side.... Why did he passe in the Dark Side? I couldn't believe it..

oh I don't know....he was ticking weird for awhile. he also had way to many irregularities and insecurities. all that is rather negative and that = Darkness. maybe was he not in the tunnel, he may have pulled out, but honestly I doubt.
the fact that it was hanging around already made all too easy.

WazzuMan wrote:
Who said anything about love? They were interested in eachother but whose to say it would have lasted anymore than a few weeks. These days, sex is talked about so casual, it makes me wonder if it still means anything truly special. Don't mind me though, still a virgin.

Anyway, I was already beginning to doubt Dallas' mental health. Call me crazy, but I got the feeling the only reason he gave up "eating" people was to stay close to Stevie Rae.

precisely! just because they wanted to have sex, does not mean that Dallas had the "right" intentions. in fact, did even Stevie Rae? fact is, she didn't even realize and or want to accept the fact that her heart belonged to Rephaim. conclusion: both are guilty and used each other for their own purposes.

sex has changed a great deal, and as many things has lost much of it's "value" in todays society. it becomes special when people are truly into one another, and understand the partnership to which they are undertaking. not many these days can fully appreciate what a real relationship is anymore. and that, was certainly the case for Dallas.
the fact is, he was so obsessed with being her warrior and making sure she is his, that i'm sure it was also about being on the top.
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:51 am

*Aphrodite* wrote:
Two words: Anakin. Skywalker.

And I agree with both Wazzuman's posts, just so that you know.

Anyway, I, too, thought Dallas was a nice guy so it was a bit of a shock to see him go over to the Dark Side, but now that I think of it, I think it sort of was important to the story. It showed anyone could slip over to the Dark Side. (
Spoiler:
)
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was wrong with dallas???   what the hell was wrong with dallas??? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

what the hell was wrong with dallas???
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7